Thursday, September 20, 2012

Habitat of a China Doll

Hey all! Wanted to post some pictures of my room here in Nanjing. When I arrived it was incredibly cluttered, no one comes to clean it out or anything (although someone comes to sweep, change the sheets, empty the garbage, and clean the bathroom once a week!) but when I arrived it was filled with other people's junk. I think I've done a pretty good job of making it my own.

My room!


Bed and my China collage (in progress)


No closet is big enough for all the clothing and shoes China Doll insisted on bringing.

View of room and window #1
View of room and window #2. All of my pictures to remind me of home!

View out window #1. The sunset is amazing from this side but I've been unable to snap a good shot.
View out window #2

For my sister

Somehow I ended up with mostly pink shower accessories. Not a pink person...



One of the many canes in a room full of unexplained oddities.


I found a lot of really random stuff when I arrived. The canes. Pictures of past fellows from seven years ago. Eight skeins of yarn. Twelve frisbees. Will and Grace on VHS. And lots of expired medications and food... some of it had been expired since 2007! Ew! Why didn't anyone just throw that away?!?! You're welcome, next fellow.

I think that most universities have a hotel on their campus where foreign teachers can stay for a few nights (if it's a guest lecturer) or live. I stayed in one in Hefei, and I live in one here in Nanjing. So technically, I live in a hotel. But hotel or not, this is the home of the great and powerful China doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment