Monday, November 4, 2013

China Moment 二

My life is filled with China moments. That's probably because I live in China. Probably.

China Moment Part 1

Usually when I buy groceries vegetables from the market, I buy a ton at a time. We go through a lot of vegetables, I usually buy more every few days. But the other day, it so happened that all I needed was garlic and ginger.

Altogether, the garlic and ginger cost me 1 kuai. That's 16 cents. A whole head of garlic and a hunk of ginger: 16 cents. Incredible.

No picture necessary. If you don't know what garlic and ginger look like, I insist that you stop reading my blog and go to a market. At the very least, use Google images.

China Moment Part 2

My bike got stolen. There is nothing more "China" than getting your bike stolen when it was locked up, parked in front of your apartment. It was a sad day. I loved my old bike. Getting around without it, even for three days, was terrible. So this morning I bought a new one.

New bike
I dig the color. Note the multiple locks.
Unrelated

I hosted a Halloween gathering at my apartment on Thursday. Costumes required. I went a little overboard with the food and libations, but I love Halloween and it was fun.
Mint oreo-pocky stick-M&M spiders
Sheila, posing with my creations 
The spider in its homemade Reese's cup web
But Evan actually is a kitty cat...
Lela was a pumpkin.
She brought Oreo Dirt Pie and lots of decorations, and I am appreciative.
I was Arthur.
If you don't get my costume, click here.

OK, laconic China Doll out. More verbose China Doll to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment