Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pure Poetry

A little Wednesday treat for you:

Every morning and afternoon, the students of Nanda Fu Zhong do their outdoor exercises and it's really a sight to see. Unfortunately, YOU CAN'T SEE IT because blogger is not permitting me to upload the video. However, I will share with you my own lyrics to this exercise song. It is in Chinese and it gets stuck in my head with alarming frequency, so I have created my own English version so that I can sing along. It begins... "I've been around the world, haven't any pearls" but climaxes with this lyrical chorus:

Ay ay ay there are noodles in the sky
I like to eat them
bottles in the sky

Ay ay ay I'm a dragon in disguise
in magazines and
bottles in the sky

ayayayayayayayayay, ay hunters eat some pie
ayayayayayayayayay, ay Christmas in July

Pure poetry. More soon, I promise. China Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment