Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Busy Girl

I dislike complaining about being busy. I try not to do it, because everyone is busy and there's no use comparing and competing to see who is busier. So please don't misinterpret my next statement: Man, I've been busy!

On top of creating my year-long syllabus for the students, I have also begun Chinese lessons again (twice a week now! Though I hope I can eventually see her three time a week), started my private tutoring and teaching at Rise, hosted visitors to Nanjing, AND went to visit a new city. I've been all over the place lately. However, I have a ton of awesome stories and pictures now, which I can't wait to show you.

Unfortunately, I got back from the Nanjing airport at 3:30 AM this morning. Then I woke up at 6 AM to catch the bus to the satellite campus and taught a 95 minute class. I dragged myself to Chinese classes and did so much grocery shopping I could fill a bunker and live for a year after the smog takes over China.

I am very sleepy.

So in an effort to provide you with something, I now present my final Grinnell Corps report. "But aren't you done with Grinnell Corps?" you might ask. Yes, yes I am done. But I hated the fourth report that I wrote last May and meant to rewrite over the summer and I just kept procrastinating until it was already September. But my first week in China I had an experience that inspired me to write something that felt right, that really encapsulated my Grinnell Corps experience. So enjoy! And check back throughout the week for lots of new posts... especially if you have a fondness for 熊猫. 

No comments:

Post a Comment