Friday, January 18, 2013

What's in a Name? Part 2

On the Nanda Fu Zhong English exam, there were two separate yet equally important things the student had to write: their new American name, and the name of their English teacher, which was spelled on the chalkboard in front of them. These are their misspellings.


Student's names: these are the English names of students that were new and surprising

CM Punk (the wrestler?)
HAFE 
Genious (sic)
Mini
Saber
Yuri (not an English name)
Jone (John?)
Lucky
Shack (I assume he meant Shaq, these kids love basketball...)
Athran

Misspellings of my name:

Mrs. Brie (I'm married now?)
Ms. Brit (The UK version of my name)
Ms. Brae 
Ms. Broken (How I feel after reading all these misspellings)
Ms. Grie
Mas (No words, just, no words...)
Ms. Brin
Mrs. Green (Now I'm married to that dude who killed Mr. Body in the conservatory with the lead pipe?)

Readers, have you reached a verdict?



No comments:

Post a Comment